Friday, December 29, 2006

I've got a new camera


I've got a new camera, originally uploaded by b3ardman.

It's a Canon Powershot A710 IS, and already I've killed the batteries that came with it.
So far, it seems great. I'm loving the 6x Optical Zoom, and the all round photo quality seems great. I'm going to have to play with it some more. I took a picture of a christmas card from across the room, and you can read the writing in it and everything.
It does up to 7.1 Mega Pixel, and, although I'll probably never really need that power, it seems sharp as anything, so lower resolutions will be even better.
It appears to be simple enough in Point & Shoot mode, but the settings can be played with and tweaked. And, as it's a digital camera, I can erase it and put it back into P&S mode when it all goes stupidly wrong.
Best of all, is that it's about 1/2 the size of my old camera, which will hopefully mean I carry it around with me more, and thus take more pictures.

No comments: