Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Holmfirth

On Saturdays, normally I end up going into Huddersfield for groceries. Mostly, this is because I think that supermarkets are evil, and Saturday is the only day when I'm not at work and the smaller, local, shops are open. 
However, last Saturday, as well as getting my delivery from Black Isle Brewery (more on that in another post), Amy + I went to visit the cattery Henry will be staying in over Christmas, and ended up doing our shop in Holmfirth.
I've not really been to Holmfirth that much. It's where Last Of The Summer Wine was filmed around, and apparently the Café capital of West Yorkshire. Apart from that, I've never really had reason to go there.
I have to say, I was pleasantly suprised. Not only is there a respectable wholefood shop, called Your Nuts, but behind Your Nuts is a veggie, organic cafe called WOW. There are also a few green grocers, and we ended up getting the things we couldn't get anywhere else from Co-op, which is one of the less evil supermarkets.
So, from now on, we're going to try going to Holmfirth for our groceries on Saturdays (and probably squeeze in a visit to WOW too!).

No comments: