Monday, November 13, 2006

Lights

Chris seems to be having a similar train of thought to me lately.However, he makes it far easier to understand than I ever could.
Anyway, part of my action was insulating the loft, but the week presented me with another opportunity.
In our bathroom, we had a light fitting that took 3 (yes, 3!!!) 60w bulbs (or a total of 180w for those of you who can't multiply 3x60). One of these blew on Tuesday.
After checking that the current fitting could be recycled (if it hadn't been so ugly and energy inefficient, I might have freecycled it), I subsequently bought a new one, that takes a 28w  ('A'-rated!) bulb.
As I didn't press the bulb into place properly first time, I got the multimeter out and checked that the fitting wasn't busted. Then I just put the bulb in properly, and it works fine.
The new light feels brighter than what was there originally, and also gives a much "whiter" light, which isn't quite so good when I see myself in the mirror first thing in the morning...
How's that for less than 30 of your english pounds, and half an hour of fitting?

No comments: