Sunday, February 26, 2006

Antiques Roadshow

I'm a bit apprehensive about the new job. I've had a think about what they said to me at the interview. I think they're on the case with the whole flexible solution business, using biz-talk and separating the workflow from the business logic. The thing that's worrying the agilist in me is that they said they aim to do their first release in 9 months. And that they're not looking at getting any testers in yet. It all smells of waterfall to me, and I think we both know that is the path to hectic coding around release date, and fixes lasting forever.

I hope I'm being unduly precaucious here, but if not, I'm just wondering what the best way of getting through to them that they need to deliver smaller chunks, or even how they can deliver smaller chunks if they're rebuilding everything. I suppose I'll have a better idea at the end of next week, when I've seen what they're doing and how they're doing it.

Oh, and Huddersfield is apparently shit for vegan lunches. Damn.

No comments: